There’s only one week to go until the ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo.
Taking place on Wednesday, 29 August and Thursday 30 August, at the ICC in Darling Harbour, Sydney, the ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo is the only dedicated trade event for the cleaning and hygiene industry.
This year’s event is set to feature more than 70 local and international exhibitors, and for first time will house two education theatres – the ISSA Speaker Theatre and the SRCP Speaker Theatre.
The inaugural SRCP (Specialised Restoration & Cleaning Professionals) Speaker Theatre will focus on carpet cleaning, restoration and remediation.
This year’s keynote speaker is former Wallabies captain John Eales. The former Australian Rugby Union player is hailed as one of the most successful captains in the history of Australian rugby.
The sportsman will share with attendees his advice on the importance of coaching, teamwork and culture within businesses and the necessity to have faith in your team, particularly in times of change and when facing aggressive competition.
The education program will feature more than 25 industry leaders who will speak on topics including:
- Digital Disruption – Good, Bad, Or Scary? Monica Schlesinger, Advisory Boards Group
- The Future of Selling: Steve Claydon, Equip Consulting Australia
- Preparing Tenders for Cleaning Contracts: Brian Clark, CEO, FM Contract Solutions
- The Wellness Trend and its Impact on Buildings Services: Adam Garnys, CETEC Professional Scientific Solutions
- How to Recruit, Hire, and Keep High Performers in Your Team: Stefan Kazakis, Business Benchmark Group
- Ramp up your Digital, Social and Local Marketing on a Budget: Debbie Bradley, Zadro Agency
- The Science Behind Indoor Air Quality: Adam Garnys, CETEC Professional Scientific Solutions
- Safe Handling and Use of Chemicals in the Cleaning Industry: Dr Claire Bird, IAQA Australia, Greencap
- Asbestos – The Hidden Danger in Restorations and Renovations: Paul Corry, Victorian Asbestos Eradication Agency
- The Legalities of Sub-Contracting: Mark Diamond, Workplace Advisory Group
- Take the Guess Work out of Methamphetamine Screening and Testing: Brian Murphy, EHS Assess
There will also be three panel discussions on healthcare, technology and culture. Panellists include:
- Healthcare Panel – Infection Prevention:
- Professor Iain Gosbell, Associate Dean (Academic) & Chair of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology MBBS (USyd), MD (UNSW), FRACP, FRCPA, FASM
- Greg Pobjoy, Whiteley Corporation
- Ash Jones, Complex Solutions – ARA Property Services
- Technology Panel – Market Challenges and Critical Changes:
- Jacinta Kunst, Diversey
- Greg Whiteley, Whiteley Corporation
- Rochelle Lake, Asaleo Care
- Errol Goldberg, Pall Mall Manufacturing
- Mark Fermor, Facility ERP
- Culture Panel – The Evolution of Corporate Culture
- Tavale Mahana, Mahana Culture
- David Griss, Asaleo Care
- Khadijah Bouabdullah, Scentre Group
This year’s event is also co-located with the Australasian Waste and Recycling Expo (AWRE).
The partnership allows ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo attendees access to innovative products and sustainable solutions to collect, process and recycle waste across machinery and equipment, vehicles, eWaste, food, organics and more.
Visitors can also attend the free AWRE speaker series which covers trends, developments, strategies and policies which are shaping Australasia’s waste and recycling industry.
AWRE attendees will also have access to the ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo’s seminars, workshops and networking events.
The Mould Awareness Seminar investigates the driving focus around ‘sick building syndrome’, indoor air quality and minimising employee absenteeism.
Attendees of the Woolsafe Fibre and Stain Removal Workshop will be guided on how to use correct cleaning methods and chemistry to remove stubborn stains.
The ISSA Cleaning & Hygiene Expo is free to attend. To register click here.
For more information on the event visit: https://issacleaninghygieneexpo.com/