Careerforce is dedicated to upskilling cleaners so they are motivated, respected and rewarded, and supporting employers to benefit from having skilled and qualified staff.
It offers nationally recognised qualifications and on-the-job training for cleaners, whether at entry level or in specialist areas like healthcare facilities cleaning, carpet and textiles, contagion and specialised infection control, hard floor surfaces, food production and high-risk environments.
At a higher level, Careerforce also offers the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) Leadership and Management programme.
- The NZ Certificate in Cleaning Level 2 is for people entering the cleaning industry and recognises the skills and knowledge of those already employed in the cleaning industry. A Health Care Facilities Cleaning optional strand is specifically for those in health care facilities working under supervision.
- Cleaning Level 3 is for experienced cleaners wanting to gain the skills to deliver, guide and promote safe and high-quality cleaning with limited supervision.
- Level 3 Specialist cleaning is for experienced cleaners working in commercial, residential, health and domestic situations.
- Level 3 Supervision includes specific units for cleaners supervising a team of cleaners.
- Level 5 Business Diploma will enhance the skills of operational managers who are looking to expand their leadership toolkit within their own work-based context.
Careerforce is committed to supporting all learners and helping them remain motivated and engaged. Learners receive valuable resources, support and encouragement, including tools to help them track their progress, and full access to Careerforce’s library of learning resources.
Careerforce respects the unique differences, learning practices and challenges that Māori, Pacific and disabled learners can have, and provides additional supports, to achieve successful outcomes. Learners with low literacy levels and others who experience difficulties with learning are also supported.
Yvonne Percival, Kleenrite Customer Services Manager says, “Our investment in Careerforce training has helped staff motivation, retention and client satisfaction.”
Careerforce is a business division of Te Pūkenga, the New Zealand Institute of Skills and technology.
Company / event contact details
For more information, please contact www.careerforce.org.nz/cleaning.